Monday, January 30, 2012

Rome - December 28, 2011 - Piazza Viminale


A new day in Rome, today a long walk north to the Spanish Steps, Villa Medici, Pincian Hill and Piazza del Popolo. Around the corner from our hotel was the Piazza Viminale.

I have been able to find jack squat out about this piazza or the palazzo that dominates it. I will tell you though that the fountain was rather impressive.

The fountain had a lard rectangular coffer style basin smothered in symbolic Roman stuff, well symbols I suppose...The facis and the Capitoline wolf with Romulus and Remus suckling away. Other than that, I know that there was a tie shop opposite that never seemed to be open.

Double-plus the street is paved with cobbles that remind me of Bergen, Norway.



Viminale Basin with lots of symbolic symbolic-ness...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment